In honor of my special day (My 1st year anniversary of being married to the love of my life), I’d like to list out some of the reasons why I love this incredible man God gave me. It’s not a complete list, but it’s representative of the amazing man he is.
- He is a man of measured words… when he says something, it’s worth hearing.
- He teaches me about God and leads in spiritual things (Bible reading, praying, scripture memorization)
- He loves to read and we talk about what we’re reading together.
- He studies and memorizes the Word of God (seriously, y’all, he’s amazing at this. He has so much scripture memorized, and he leads us in joint memorization, too).
- He can make some mean barbeque chicken and disinfects like NONE other. 🙂
- I love that he leads in family “Bible Time”, nearly every night.
AS A HUSBAND:
- I love that he really, really loves me. (This may seem self-focused, but the truth is, it’s actually a biblical picture of love– we love Christ because He loved us first… the same is true for Daro & I.)
- Though neither of us had perfect pasts, I LOVE that we aren’t worried about comparing each other to other people.
- He is very intentional about being faithful to me– in action, word, and thought.
- He’ll rub my feet whenever I ask, and has done so many, many times when I haven’t asked.
- I love that he will watch the movies I like and actually interact with me about them (like Jane Austen kind of stuff– WHAT a guy!).
- I love that he is willing to do things around the house too, so that we can have time together.
- I love that we both crack each other up. I don’t know if anyone else would find either of us very funny, but we each can make each other laugh in ways that no one else can.
- I love that he’s a good surpriser… big and small, he’s surprised me so many times!
- I know that he loves me, because he apparently talks about me a lot when we’re not together and other people tell me so.
- I love that he remembers special days and consistently does special things to celebrate.
- He communicates with me about our relationship– what’s going well, if there are any struggles, etc., and then is willing to make changes with me so that we can improve our marriage.
- He truly wants to and strives to love me like Christ loves the church.
- He’s the most fun, most interesting, most attractive, most kind man I’ve ever known.
And honestly, there’s so much more. But this gives a glimpse into our marriage and life together. Like Solomon’s bride described her husband in Song of Solomon 3, this is “him whom my soul loves”… and I will always be grateful to God for this incredible man that I get to be one with. 🙂
© 2011 The GOoD Life. Courtesy of Right The Vision. All Rights Reserved.